Los Angeles, CA
Ceilings Plus is a rapidly growing manufacturer of architectural products,
an established market leader of specialty ceilings. Our continued growth necessitates
the addition of a Project Engineer for our manufacturing facility located in
Los Angeles, CA.
PRIMARY JOB GOALS:
We are looking for a Los Angeles based engineer with experience in sheet
metal design to add to our engineering team. This is a hands-on position which
will involve a range of activities from design to manufacturing, and construction
project management to customer support. Candidate must be a self-starter, persistent,
intellectually curious, demonstrate flexibility and creativity within a dynamic
environment and work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Primary job goals will include:
- Satisfy client at all stages of the project.
- Manage several projects at the same time with changing priorities.
- Design ceiling systems based on customer specifications and requirements.
- Create Bills of Materials and fabrication drawings for manufacturing.
- Provide installation support to customer as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
primary goal satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A comprehensive understanding of architectural drawings and project specifications
- Hands-on architectural construction management experience is highly desirable
- 5+ years of experience with sheet metal design
- Good verbal/written communication skills and ability to interface with
customers and manage projects
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and requirements, especially
turret punching and stamping
- Experience in manufacturing cost accounting
- Must be a self-starter with strong problem solving skills.
- Should have basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop 3D modeling, Autodesk
Inventor 3D Mechanical Design Software, SolidWorks or equivalent system
BS in Engineering or Architecture or other appropriate undergraduate degree.
The company provides a highly competitive compensation package that includes
a salary commensurate with experience and skills, along with a comprehensive
benefits package that includes a 401K.
Candidates can forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes can also be faxed to (323) 724-8249. No phone calls please.