Architectural Product Engineer
Ceilings Plus is one of the largest manufacturers of architectural ceiling and wall systems and an established market leader in specialty ceiling systems. Our continued growth necessitates the addition of an Architectural Product Engineer proficient in Rhino 3D and Grasshopper software for our Advanced Engineering team located in Commerce CA, near downtown Los Angeles.
PRIMARY JOB GOALS:
We are looking for a Los Angeles-based architect or engineer with experience in architectural or product design utilizing parametric tools as a platform. This is a hands-on position which will involve a range of activities from solution development and prototyping to project engineering and tool deployment. Candidate must be a self-starter who is persistent and intellectually curious. They should demonstrate flexibility and creativity within a dynamic environment and able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
Primary job goals will include:
- Assess the needs of engineering and help to deploy existing tools within the department
- Help to innovate software based solutions for new design challenges
- Apply existing tools to complex manufacturing issues
- Create project documents and digital files to drive manufacturing processes
- Work collaboratively with engineering and manufacturing to develop prototype solutions for new challenges
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary goal satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3+ years of experience with digital modeling for architecture or manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience with design based on parametric approaches, preferably utilizing a Rhino 3D / Grasshopper workflow.
- Understanding of the manufacturing process and the implications of design for manufacturing.
- Knowledge of various digital modeling platforms which may include Rhino 3D, AutoCAD, Inventor, Solid Works, Revit.
- Must be creative, collaborative, and self-motivated to achieve results.
- Should have strong general computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
BS in Architecture, Product Design, or Engineering required. Masters preferred.
1+ years of industry experience or 3+ years of academic experience. A combination of both will be considered.
Ceilings Plus provides a highly competitive compensation package that includes salaried compensation commensurate with experience and skills, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401K.
Candidates can forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org